Friday, February 3, 2012

Qt SDK 1.1.4 installation problem on Ubuntu 11.10

Recently Qt SDK 1.1.4 got released and I was trying to install it on my ubuntu machine with Ubuntu 11.10.

All other previous version of Qt SDK were getting installed fine but when I try to install Qt SDK 1.1.4, I found that soon after starting installer, installer disappear and never shows it self again. Same problem also happens to SDK upgrader of Qt SDK 1.1.3.

But I was not having enough time to identify the problem so I continued using older Qt SDK. But now I found solution to this problem.

It looks like that GTK+ GUI style is not compatible with Qt on Ubuntu 11.10, so you need to change that to something else. I changed it to Motif and then new installer started working. To change GUI style you need to use "qtconfig-qt4"

Install it using following command, if you don't have it already.
sudo apt-get install qt4-qtconfig
More information can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment